Again, comments from Mom Soganich. FYI – shrimp are called prawns in Australia.
Here is uncle gene’s fabulous recipe for shrimp penne that you asked for. Ii thought the rest of you might enjoy it as well. It is uncle gene’s creation
2 to 3 lbs of shrimp (2 lbs are plenty use 3 if you want overkill in
2 to 3 tbsp cajun seasoning
1/3 to 1/2 lb of butter
1 bottle of beer
1 of each red, orange, yellow pepper sliced in thin strips
1. saute sliced peppers in butter…..remove peppers and put in serving bowl
2. add bottle of beer to butter in pan.
3 . saute shrimp only until the just turn pink
4. remove shrimp so they don’t overcook. place them in serving bowl
5. add 2 to 3 tbsp cajun spice to the butter, beer mixture
6. cook penne pasta until al la dent about 7 minutes
7. put penne in serving bowl.
8. pour butter/beer/cajun seasoning mixture over the penne, peppers and shrimp
9. mix and serve.
10/ some people like parmesan cheese grated on it at the table. we like it both ways.
for the aussie’s , this would probably be good with your prawns.